Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's Getting Spring-y But The Weekend Ends Too Soon

FINALLY!
February is over!
It was actually a pretty ~groovy~ month, but everything felt so BUSY and weird. The beginning of this year has been PROCRASTINATION NATION, so I guess my New Year's resolution hasn't really worked very well? ANYWAYS, I'm hoping March will mark the total return to THE BLOGOSPHERE, talking to other bloggers, making new posts, etc. I've got some really rad stuff for you guys this month (INTERVIEWS! DIYs!) so let's say a little prayer that this is gonna be the most productive blogging month yet! MOVING ON, here is a peek at my life during the last few weeks:

Shirt: thrifted
Cardigan: thrifted
Earrings: Girl Props
This outfit was really sweet and cool, which was great because I was exhausted and actually didn't feel sweet/cool much AT ALL. CLOTHES MAKE ME FEEL GOOD, OK??

Pictures of the moon are my favoritest thing ever.



I looked really adorable and Vickie-ish and '70s. I've come to appreciate that these glasses might be the closest I'll ever get to Vickie's shades in my life.

ALL MY BABIES (John is lookin' so fine in the back)
From Tumblr
I watched Pink Flamingos a week ago, AND IT WAS THE BESTEST THING EVER. I spent the next day trying to find  a nail polish that matched Connie's hair/nails/everything and Babs'/Cotton's PERFECT lipstick. I'm definitely gonna be doing a whole ~inspiration~ post based on amazingness of the whole movie, so keep a look out!

This was the most Connie Marble-like nail polish I found in my house! It gets super red in some lights and is PERFECT. It's Piggy Paint, which is natural and really awesome. It obviously doesn't last as long as really chemical-y nail polish, but if you blow dry it and put on a couple of coats, it lasts for a pretty long time and is SUPER RAD (Piggy Paint also comes in the CUTEST colors ever and basically melts my heart with love <3)
My brother and I went to the thrift store (I AM 100% JELLO OF HIS LEATHER) and there was this huge, super trashed limo there that said "HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY SHARON" in really sad paint. Duh, we had to get a picture.

I thrifted all these super FAB records a while back! I've added 3 of my darling goddess Janis Ian's records to my collection, a '70s Sounds of The Woodstock Age record ("Knock Three Times" OHMYGOD), an Eydie Gorme Greatest Hits record ("Blame it on The Bossa Nova" is on there and I feel like I'm living in Mermaids. Life goal completed), and a Crystal Gayle record (mostly for pretty aesthetic purposes).

Lately I've been obsessed with putting on make-up and lounging in robes (YES, I AM A '50s MOVIE STAR).



Sunglasses: Ross (???)
Sweater: thrifted

This outfit RULED. My hair was kind of ratted and I was wearing my new pink lipstick, and I TOTALLY felt like a cross between Hipsville  and some badass '60s girl-gang member.

This is THE BEST PICTURE EVER, for the obvious reasons that it was me at like, the best/worst possible moment to take a picture and I kind of look like a spacey alien wearing cool lipstick.

"LOVE" ring: Forever 21
Heart ring: vintage
Braclets: DIY'd
My hands looked amazing and ~cosmic~ and *mystical* that day.


We had a crazy amazingly GORGEOUS sunset the other day! It felt so summer-y and I was insanely happy. My mind is just chanting SUMMER, PLS COME QUICKLY BEFORE I DIE over and over again now!

And, FINALLY, SPRING IS COMING! The days have been sunnier and warmer, and I.AM.IN.LOVE. My family and I took a hike (this weekend was so so so fab, guys) and there was sunlight everywhere! PERFECT? Perfect.

xoxo
Psychedelic Daisy

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. OMG I KNOW
      THEY ARE LITERALLY THE CUTEST BESTEST THINGS ON THE EARTH AND THEY MAKE MY HEART MELT <3

      Delete
  2. Your brother looks like a Ramone, haha! He's a hip cat!

    I love your sunglasses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He's so adorable! He's been thinking of starting a blog, and when I told him what you wrote, he was so flattered!

      Thanks so much! They're so perfect and THE LUVS OF MY LIFE <3

      Delete
  3. Wow everything is amazing!
    Also
    THAT LAST PICTURE
    So so so groovy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW, thank you, babe!!!
      That last picture is one of my faves! It was sunny and perfect AND IT WAS A GOOD DAY OKAY

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Awesome post! So many
    beautiful things, I could cry! :')

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these pictures - your brother looks awesome, and you really suit lipstick...in like every single shade! x

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

♡♡♡Thanks for commenting, babe!♡♡♡